Do you love the beautiful game?
Soccer New Brunswick is seeking a motivated individual who is passionate about the beautiful game of Soccer. An individual willing to work in a team environment, that understands the game plan and contributes to the success of the organization. This position has primary responsibilities which include; management of the Marketing, Branding & Communications activities, assisting the team with content development, digital strategy for our programs and events. The team player needs to be comfortable handling the ball, with fundraising and membership engagement. The successful candidate must be comfortable with multi-tasking in a high-volume environment, be a team player able to understand the needs of individuals and club members and efficiently administer and coordinate the operations of various levels of the organization.
The position is Communication & Marketing Manager based in Moncton, NB and reports directly to the Executive Director.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- College diploma or University degree in Marketing, Communications or related field equivalent combination of education and experience in related fields.
- Works well in a team environment, able to foster an inclusive and collaborative environment.
- Skilled member services within a diverse membership base.
- Strong knowledge of soccer, background in playing, refereeing or/and coaching.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Branding and marketing experience, as well as demonstrated success in membership development.
- Well-developed relationship building, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency in Creative Suite, video production and editing, desired.
- Strong copywriting skills with ability to produce copy of varying tone and messaging based on target audience and medium.
- Solid commitment to bettering the lives of children through mentorship and sports.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, social media, managing informational systems, and database processes.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment in leadership, mentoring or support roles.
- Work experience or coursework in at least one of the following areas: marketing, communications, public relations and/or writing.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral, copyediting, and proofreading skills.
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, multitask, and prioritize.
- Model a mature and professional demeanor and have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with a wide range of team members.
- Familiarity with the organization of soccer in New Brunswick.
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, with emphasis on corporate sponsorships, special events and grant-seeking.
- Self-starter, able to learn new processes, programs and tools quickly.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Able to travel and work flexible hours on a frequent basis.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Clean Police Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Verification.
- Contribute and work towards objectives as outline in the strategic direction and operational plan of the association.
- Works with all department staff members to promote initiatives.
- Membership communications.
- Provide tools and ideas to improve marketing decisions for the organization.
- Develop and implement a consistent and unified brand strategy and architecture.
- Oversee the implementation of the marketing strategy – including branding campaigns, events, digital marketing, PR, etc.
- Oversee the implementation of the sponsorship strategy – including preparation, services and growth.
- Lead the delivery of content for publications, e-mail, social media, websites, etc.
- Coordinate and activate against partner/sponsor goals and objectives.
- Externally, the position coordinates, primarily with marketing and digital agencies, media, sponsors, committee volunteers, local organizing committees and others.
- Draft stories and collect testimonials from participants and partners.
- Provide digital support for the operations, including the development of content calendars and sample posts, producing the monthly newsletter, maintaining the organizational email calendar, and managing aspects of website.
- Compile and distribute media clips and maintain media database.
- Copyedit Soccer NB’s email blasts and other collateral, as well as provide project management support for web and collateral projects.
- Lead the management of various stakeholder communications programs, including the annual report, stakeholder newsletter, and stakeholder subscriber lists.
- Identify, interpret, and capitalize on existing or new digital and social media trends, tools, and applications.
- Provide long and short term critical path planning for website initiatives and ensure website is current and relevant.
- Work with Marketing and Communications teams to aggregate unique content that can be distributed to mainstream media and other social media influencers.
- Contribute to, maintain and help execute a social media editorial calendar and posting schedule, in coordination with Marketing and Communications managers.
- Contribute to strategies for growing and leveraging our social media follower base including using promotions, contests, polls, ads, surveys and referral programs, in conjunction with the marketing department.
- Create and monitor benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs and campaigns and report on their effectiveness.
- Various special duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Soccer New Brunswick is a non-profit organization serving more than 15,000 players province wide. Our mission is to foster and promote the development and growth of the sport within New Brunswick. We are the provincial governing body for soccer in the province, working directly with regions and local clubs to administer recreational and competitive level soccer programs.
Remuneration: The position will include full benefits and a competitive sports industry salary commensurate with experience.
Application: For immediate consideration, submit cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com
Deadline: by 4:00 pm, April 19th, 2023. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.