You Don’t Need to be a Soccer Expert to Build the Beautiful Game
(iow – Soccer New Brunswick is Looking for Board Members)
Soccer NB (SNB) is looking for individuals with talents and skills to continue development of the beautiful game in New Brunswick to join our Board of Directors. If you can contribute in any one (or more J) of the following areas Finance, Fundraising, Government Relations, Governance, Risk Management or Strategic Planning you can be part of a sports leadership team – we want your energy.
Interested – keep reading!!
In 2023 we will be electing:
- Vice President (Incumbent is not re-offering)
- Director from the East Region
- Director from the West Region
- Director from the North-West Region
- Director at Large (Incumbent is not reoffering)
- Director South Region (currently vacant)
- Director from the North Region (currently vacant)
Director roles are governance-based positions – you don’t run a region, you don’t have to organize games – but you can if you want to. You don’t run a Region, you will participate and/or lead committees. Your commitment would be to advocate for our mission by making informed and sound decisions, and provide guidance for the Executive Director in setting the course for the future. There are 4-6 Board meetings per year, including the Annual Members’ Meeting (AMM), which you are expected to attend. Meetings may be held in person or online (video conferencing sure cuts down on travel, but we do need to meet face-2-face sometimes).
Youth is welcome at all ages above 18 years old. You can’t have any conflict of interest – this means,
- you can’t have a Director position on an associated Member of SNB – you can still play, coach or referee – keep doing that stuff – we need you.
- You can’t sell stuff or services to SNB or a Member of SNB
These are volunteer positions but there are benefits:
– you’ll work with people trying to improve youth sports
– reasonable expenses are covered for attending in-person meetings and activities that you contribute to
– you’ll get some SNB swag.
If you are still interested, you have to get elected! We need you to click the link below and get your application by Friday, October 27, 2023 (you cannot be nominated at the meeting).
Please send by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org